No Win No Fee Lawyers Perth
If you want to get a lawyer on your side to make a claim, but are intimidated about the potential costs involved, the good news is that there is no reason to be hesitant. That is because we operate on a ‘no win, no fee’, basis, which means you won’t have to dip into your pockets to reimburse us for services rendered unless those services are successful.
Claims Direct has offices in Perth, Armadale, Joondalup, Rockingham, Fremantle, Midland and throughout WA.
What is no win no fee?
This principle, which was introduced to Australia in 1994, has enabled all Australians to step forward with confidence and get access to legal assistance irrespective of their financial status. Put simply, in the unlikely event that your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t be liable for any legal fees, which means you don’t have to fear being left any worse off for launching the claim in the first place and bringing a professional on board to drive the process.
Our pledge to you is that we will strive to provide the best legal assistance at our disposal while aiming to keep our fees as low and reasonable as possible.
From your first appointment, we will explain the no win, no fee arrangement and the best course of action to keeping your fees, applicable only in a winning outcome, as low as possible. We will explain the cost agreement up front and how our fees are calculated so that you have no nasty surprises when your case is completed.
What types of claims are covered?
Each and every matter handled at Claims Direct is covered by our no win no fee guarantee if we believe that your case has a reasonable chance of being successful.
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace injury claims
- Asbestos claims
- Public liability claims
- Medical malpractice claims
How are fees calculated?
Fees are calculated before you receive your settlement and are broken down into the following:
- Professional services
- General expenses
At Claims Direct we believe in complete transparency
What is a conditional costs agreement?
Before our lawyers get to work on your case, we will ensure that you have been fully informed you about the estimated legal costs associated with running your case. If you agree to the costs you will be asked to sign what’s called a conditional costs agreement.
Typically a costs agreement will state:
- What is considered a successful outcome
- Any outlays to be paid irrespective of the outcome of your claim
- Information regarding uplift fees where appropriate
- A statement that the plaintiff has been informed of their right to seek independent legal advice before signing such agreement
- You may terminate the agreement in 5 business day
Finding out if you can claim
If you’ve suffered injuries and are wondering whether or not you have a valid case, there are two ways to find out.
- Contact Claims Direct for free advice on 08 6118 1682. When you call us you will speak to one of our professional claims advisors who will ask you a couple of simple questions about the accident which caused your injuries and how they have affected your life. If you feel nervous or are hesitant to speak with someone about what happened, please don’t worry, calls are taken in a cool and confidential environment and our advisors specialise in putting people at ease.
- Alternatively, you can use our claims eligibility checker online, which you can do anonymously online, without having to call us.
Every day we help injured Westralians start their journey to compensation.
Why choose Claims Direct?
Apart from having one of the largest teams of injury lawyers in Perth and Western Australia on our panel, we are not actually a law firm. What this means is, we don’t have any financial motive to take on your case, so all advice and help you receive from us completely unbiased and comes without obligation.
Some of the things you can expect from us include:
- Free, impartial and jargon-free advice before you make any commitments
- Handpicked lawyers that specialise in claims like yours
- Nothing to pay if your claim is unsuccessful
Exceptions to our no win no fee guarantee
We’re sorry but no win no fee is not a legal right and in some extremely rare cases our lawyers may be unable to offer you this type of agreement. All claims are screened on an individual basis and accepted based on our lawyers own discretion. If for some reason you are unable to take advantage of our guarantee, we will make this clear before your matter progresses.
It’s also good to note that if your case has been refused, there are still options available to you if you wish to further pursue any damages.
- Start a crowdfunding page to cover the legal fees
- Contact Legal Aid in your WA
- Get free advice from your local community legal centre
- Represent yourself
Claims Direct and are partners are bound by the strict codes of conduct outlined in Millner and Knights guarantee.